Dear ACTEA member institution.
In these difficult COVID-19 days, we need all the resources we can get in order to thrive. We have some good news for you.
As a FACULTY member at an ACTEA institution, you now have full access to the many courses offered by the International Council for Evangelical Theological Education (ICETE) Academy (IA). This value-added service from ACTEA gives you full access to ALL the courses on the site. ACTEA has made an advance payment for you.
The courses have been arranged under the following categories:
- LEARNING AND TEACHING
- DESIGN AND DELIVERY
- LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- ACCREDITATION AND QA
- CHARACTER EDUCATION
- SPIRITUAL FORMATION
- ONLINE EDUCATION
- PHILOSOPHY AND THEOLOGY OF THEOLOGICAL EDUCATION
- GLOBAL CONTEXTS
You will find exciting courses that you may delve into to help you navigate the complexities occasioned by the current world crisis for example Institutional Readiness for Online Education, Fresh Explorations of Online Efficacy, Educating in Emergency, and many others. We particularly recommend that you pay attention to courses that will prepare you well to serve students during these difficult COVID-19 days. Please check out the courses in the online category:
- Fresh Explorations of Online Efficacy
- Online Learning Design
- Institutional Readiness
- First Steps in Online Education
- Experiencing Moodle
- Community and Social Media
- Technology to Enhance True Learning
Please share this information with the faculty members at your institution and encourage them to enrol. Remember, you don’t have to pay to take the courses.
To register, please follow the following instructions:
- Click here to register a new account https://icete.academy/login/signup.php
- When it comes to ‘Payment information’, select ‘I am sponsored by my organisation’
- Under ‘Name of your sponsoring organisation’, write ACTEA
- Once the account is created, wait until it is authorised (this can take up to a couple of days). Please check your spam box as the confirmation email is sometimes mistaken for spam.
- With an authorised account, login in with chosen username and password
- Navigate any course you wish to take and insert course Enrolment key to access it
- Follow the instructions in the course to complete the course
- Once course completion requirements are met, a badge will be awarded together with IA fellowship points.
We wish you God’s blessings as you learn.
We are praying for you.
The ACTEA team.
- In March 2020, GATE Year 3 workshop was held at the Foursquare Camp, Ajebo, Nigeria. The workshop was the biggest in the history of GATE where we saw 79 participants attend. We appreciate Baptist College of Theology, Lagos, for helping with the logistics.
- GATE Year 4 workshop in March 2021 is going to be hosted by the ECWA Theological Seminary, Igbaja, at a location to be announced.
- Pray for the Church in Africa to experience deeper growth, spiritual robustness, and a passion for the lost. Pray for the move of the Spirit of God in Africa. Pray for revival.
- Pray that the Church in Africa will know how to respond to sociopolitical realities in this region.
- Pray for theological institutions in Africa. Colleges are experiencing a sharp decline in student numbers and several schools are financially constrained.
- Pray for theological schools that are shifting to university status that they do not lose their mission and vision but that they’ll be salt and light and reach many, especially students and faculty from non-theological departments, with the Gospel.
- Pray for an increase in institutions seeking ACTEA accreditation and other support services. Pray that ACTEA will fulfill its mandate for the glory of God. Pray for more networks and partners for ACTEA so that we’ll have more to offer our member institutions.
- Institutional Leadership Transitions: Pray for wisdom and grace upon the new leaders of ACTEA member institutions as they assume leadership responsibilities in their respective institutions, specifically, JMU, Zambia; ISTEL, Angola; USB, DR Congo; KIST, Kenya; UMCATC, Nigeria; WATS, Nigeria; ATS, Kenya; and ETS, Kagoro, Nigeria.
- Fundraising to purchase Office space for ACTEA – Pray for the ongoing fund-raising towards the purchase of ACTEA’s office property. Kindly inform us of any partners that may be work with us toward achieving this goal for our own office space and to rent the rest for income needed to fund ACTEA operations. If you would like to partner with us in giving please email us ondirector @acteaweb.org. or info @acteaweb.org.