Statement Of Faith
ACTEA is a ministry of The Association of Evangelicals in Africa (AEA) having been constituted as a project of its Theological and Christian Education Commission (TCEC) in 1976. ACTEA exists to serve theological institutions in Africa in three primary ways: promoting quality theological training through institutional reviews and academic recognition (accreditation); providing institutional support services and capacity-building forums for leaders and faculty of theological institutions; and facilitating networking and cooperation among Africa’s theological institutions.
What does ACTEA believe?
ACTEA ascribes to the Statement of Faith of its parent organization, “The Association of Evangelicals in Africa” (AEA). The Statement below constitutes the basis of unity for all ACTEA accredited institutions.
- That the HOLY SCRIPTURES of the Old and the New Testaments are the Word of God. It is divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy,
and serves as the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
- That GOD is ONE. The One God is eternally self-existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4-5; Mt. 28:19).
- That JESUS CHRIST is Saviour and Lord. As God He was manifest in the flesh. We believe His virgin birth; His sinless human life; His divine miracles; His vicarious and atoning death; His bodily resurrection; His ascension; His present mediatorial work; and His future personal return in Power and Glory (Lk. 1:32-33; Jn. 1:1-4; 1 Tim. 2:5-6; 6:13-16).
- That the HOLY SPIRIT is God. As the third Person in the Godhead, He indwells every believer upon conversion and enables the believer to live a holy life; to witness in power; and to work for the Lord Jesus Christ (Ac. 5:3-4; Mt. 28:19; Ac. 1:8).
- That MAN was made in the image of God and sinless. By choice Man fell out of favour into sin. In God¹s mercy, SALVATION comes to every lost and sinful man freely and simply by faith in Jesus Christ who shed His blood for sin, and through regeneration by the Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:26-28; 3:1-21; Jn. 1:11-13; 1 Cor. 12:13).
- That all true believers in Jesus Christ are ONE BODY, the Church, of which He is the Head (1 Cor. 12:13; Eph. 2:14-22).
- That SATAN is a fallen angel whose intent is to supplant God and frustrate His purpose, and whose ultimate end is consignment to eternal punishment (Lk. 10:17-18; Rev. 20:10).
- That BODILY RESURRECTION of all the dead will take place someday. Believers in Christ will rise unto everlasting blessedness while unbelievers will rise unto judgment and everlasting punishment (Rev. 20:11-15; 2 Cor, 5:9-10).