What are ACTEA's international contacts?
ACTEA’s services have earned wide-spread respect both in Africa and overseas. For example, in 1981 a task force in North America, representing all dimensions of evangelical higher education there, issued a formal document advising admissions officers that applicants with theological first degrees accredited by ACTEA should be considered eligible for direct entry to post-graduate theological programmes in North America.
Also London Bible College, the distinguished British centre for theological studies, has issued an official statement affirming recognition of BTh degrees awarded by ACTEA-accredited schools. And the influential University of South Africa (UNISA) and the University of Stellenbosch have also stated formal recognition of ACTEA-accredited BTh degrees for direct entry to post-graduate studies.
In 1980 ACTEA was a founding member of the International Council for Evangelical Theological Education (ICETE-formerly ICAA), which links ACTEA with sister bodies around the world, including:
- Association for Biblical Higher Education [North America] (ABHE) www.abhe.org
- Asia Theological Association (ATA) www.ataasia.com
- Association for Evangelical Theological Education in Latin America (AETAL) www.aetal.com
- Caribbean Evangelical Theological Association (CETA) www.cetaweb.info
- Euro-Asian Accrediting Association (E-AAA) www.e-aaa.info
- European Evangelical Accrediting Association (EEAA) eeaa.eu
- South Pacific Association of Evangelical Colleges (SPAEC) www.spaec.org
- ICETE is a Global Partner within the World Evangelical Alliance (WEA). www.icete-edu.org
ICETE is a global community linking eight continental/regional associations of theological schools: ACTEA (Africa); ATA (Asia); CETA (the Caribbean); EEAA (Europe); E-AAA (Euro-Asia); AETAL (Latin America); ABHE (North America); and SPAEC (South Pacific). ICETE was founded in 1980 and is a Global Partner within the World Evangelical Alliance (WEA). For further information on ICETE, see the ICETE webpage at: www.icete-edu.org